May 26, 2012 in Recipes
This will probably be a dish I will always remember. Why? Because this is the dinner that earned my first “rewarding” post it. I remember it clearly “THIS WAS GREAT.. SALAD TOO”. So simple, but to find that affixed to your menu from the previous night is very exciting! I mean, I feed somebody who can eat at any restaurant in the entire world.. and sometimes my food entertains her greatly!! I love it!
If you like sweet potatoes and warm spices, you’ll love this stew. I hate the word stew. This is a great and very easy recipe. Anyways, try this and see if you elicit some sort of exciting reaction out of somebody dear to you.
|Vegan Sweet Potato & Tempeh Stew||
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 T Fresh Ginger, grated
- 6 Cardamom Pods
- 1 t Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 t Salt (or to taste)
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes, cut & peeled into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 C Vegetable Stock
- 8 oz Tempeh, cut into bite size cubes
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds for garnish
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan, sauté onion & garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add ginger, cardamom pods, coriander, red pepper, and 1/4 t salt and sauté another minute until ginger is fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes and broth, bring to a boil & then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tempeh and simmer for about another 10 minutes, until tempeh is heated through and potatoes are tender. Mash 1/4 of potatoes with a fork against wall of pan and mix.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with pumpkin seeds & serve!