May 31, 2012 in Recipes
Shy of being allergic to chickpeas (garbanzo beans) YOU MUST MAKE THESE NOW. This is SUCH a great snack and the beans are really neutral in flavor, so you can dress them up as you please. All you really need is a can of garbanzo beans, a colander, and a baking sheet.. and of course an oven.
This is also a great way to get in your daily fiber. 1 serving (1/4 of the recipe approximately) boasts 6 grams of dietary fiber! As somebody who is gluten free, I really appreciate being able to find fiber dense snacks that aren’t full of additives.
|Crunchy Chick Peas||
- 1 15 oz Can Garbanzo Beans
- Olive Oil Spray (I use a Misto spray bottle)
- Cayenne (or any other spice you would like, curry, cajun, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans thoroughly.
- Lay garbanzo beans to dry on a kitchen or paper towel, and pat dry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread beans in a single layer.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, shaking the baking sheet once midway to rotate the beans.
- Once out of the oven, toss in desired spices and allow to cool.
(edamame from this recipe cooking in the back)